"The healing journey often begins with a personal crisis."
The path for many Healers, begins with their own personal journey of healing quite often, born out of a personal crisis. A crisis which becomes the necessary catalyst for their own healing in preparation for their spiritual calling to work with others. That was my story.
For me, my journey of personal healing began in 1997, at one of the most difficult times of my life and with a physical crisis; Gallbladder Disease.
"My Wake Up Call"
My diagnosis came at a time when I felt every single part of my life was in flux and challenge. I thought I'd perhaps never move through the blocks and difficulties I faced on almost every front of my life; meaningless work, newly divorced and alone in a country I wasn't from and then, my health began to suffer. My diagnosis was my first wake-up call.
"You can be healed"
After my Gallbladder operation I felt incredibly unwell. It was as though my body was punishing me for robbing its gallbladder. Unable to endure the constant physical discomfort any more, I resolved to help myself in the only way I knew how. Books.
On a rainy Saturday afternoon, I ventured down the spiritual aisle of my local book store. From my own assessment though, I wasn’t the least bit spiritual and yet, as if drawn there by some higher force, I found myself scanning the aisle for help there all the same.
As I sauntered past book after book with titles I could barely grasp, a brightly coloured book seemed to reach out for me. That book was "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay, and it was to be a catalyst for my journey of awakening. A journey inward to not only heal and transform the experiences of my own past, but ultimately, pave the way for me to help others do the same.
I stood reading Louise's book in that aisle for the longest time, as if transfixed by what it said.
It said, the metaphysical definition of Gallbladder Disease is 'stored anger' that has solidified in the body as a result of ‘hard thoughts’, ‘bitterness’ and ‘pride’. As I reread those words "hard thoughts... bitterness... pride..." something began to land within me.
It also said, "You can be healed".
A wave of hope and inspiration began to rise in me. It was as though those words had been written for me for that very moment in time.
Without realising it, my spiritual awakening had just begun. I sought out a Healer to work on my ‘inner self’ without really understanding what that might entail, but trusting it all the same. I was just desperate to connect the dots and heal the emotional roots of my physical pain. Physical pain, which I came to know later, sat within my beliefs and unresolved wounds of my past. My mind, as it turned out, was a fertile ground of hardened thoughts and limiting self-beliefs.
"What we think we know about ourselves causes more harm to us than what is actually true about ourselves"
As my personal journey of healing unfolded, I learned that more often than not, it’s what we think we know about ourselves that causes more harm to us than what is actually true about ourselves.
"I believed I wasn’t enough"
I began to finally heal the flawed but deeply held premise that "I wasn’t enough" and with it, a life-time of judgments and conditioning others layered upon me that simply weren’t true. I began to lift the veil on my potential, the potential I always dreamed was within me and yearned for someone to nurture to the surface.
"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear"
I was fortunate enough to come across a healer, teacher and mentor who did just that. Someone who helped me heal my past, build the internal courage to reach for what I was truly here for and someone who steered me on a path of study that matched my deepest curiousities and greatest desires; to work with energy.
And so, I set out on a body of study in the Healing Arts and the field of energetics, as well as a Masters Degree in Business and slowly but surely, I anchored into the person I knew I was born to be.
"Everything looks wrong when we're in the wrong environment, but when we align with the right environment, everything looks right again and the Universe lights up"
I was always told by others to "leave the past where it is", packed away, even buried, and yet, I discovered my life's greatest purpose, sitting amongst the weeds of my personal history. Teaching me, that to move forward in life, there are times when the most powerful thing we can do, is to actually look back. To acknowledge where we've come from, what we've been through and what we've accomplished. I was also told throughout my early life, "you're too sensitive". True. As an energy intuitive, I was too sensitive, but only in the environments that weren't right for that sensitivity. In my professional life and in truth, my vocation as a Healer, that intuitive sensitivity is gold, proving, if we are in the wrong environment for who we are and what we're here for, everything looks wrong, but when we align with the right environment for who we are, everything looks right again.
Since then, my passion has been to bring as many people as possible, through a powerful 'inner uprising' of their self-belief, self-love and self-empowerment, so they can claim their rightful place in the world doing what their Soul has come here to do.
"I'm a life-long seeker of knowledge and spiritual wisdom. I love exploring new ways to not only support and enrich my own life's journey and development, but that of my clients. Beneath is just a snippet of the qualifications that my seeking has led me to."
- Masters Degree in Business, The University of Technology, Sydney
- Cert. Soul Coaching® Practitioner, Denise Linn, International Institute of Soul Coaching®
- Cert. Soul Coaching® Advanced Practitioner, Denise Linn, International Institute of Soul Coaching®
- Cert. Soul Coaching® Master Practitioner, Denise Linn, International Institute of Soul Coaching®
- Cert. Soul Coaching® Teacher, Denise Linn, International Institute of Soul Coaching®
- Cert. Past Life Regression Coach, Denise Linn, International Institute of Soul Coaching®
- Cert. The Serenity Vibration Healing® & Enlightenment Technique, Level 1, Jill Marie Wood
- Cert. The Serenity Vibration Healing® & Enlightenment Technique, Level 1 Mastery, Jill Marie Wood
- Cert. The Serenity Vibration Healing® & Enlightenment Technique, Level 2, Jill Marie Wood
- Cert. The Serenity Vibration Healing® & Enlightenment Technique, Level 2 Mastery, Jill Marie Wood
- Cert. Theta Command and Quantum Level Reprogramming
- Cert. Orion-Theta Healing - Core Belief Reprogramming
- Cert. Orion-Theta Healing - DNA 1 & 2 - 4 Level Reprogramming
- Cert. Reiki Level I - Tanran School of Reiki
- Cert. Reiki Level II, III, The Karyna Centre For Transformation
- Cert. Reiki Master/Teacher, The Karyna Centre For Transformation
- Cert. Serenity Vibration Healing® Technique - Level 1 and Level 1 Mastery
- Cert. Soul Coaching® Master Practitioner / Teacher
- Cert. Reiki Master Practitioner / Teacher
- Radio: Guest host on the Denise Linn, Hay House Radio Show 2017
- Webinar Series: "Do What You Really Love" 2017
- Magazine Articles: "Good Health Magazine" 2016
- Member of The International Institute For Complementary Therapists ("IICT")
- Member of The Soul Coaching® International Institute